Yorkshire Water Build Over Agreement Form

Look for digdat to find our public pipes and water pipes. If you want to build one of our public sewers or transverse sewers (i.e. usually within 3 meters), you need our permission, even if it is on your property. We must ensure that all of our pipes are protected from any damage that development can cause so that they can continue to provide the service for which they were designed. It is also very important that we have access to our pipes for maintenance and repair. If we agree that you can build public sewers, be sure to provide sufficient access points to the canal concerned (wells and break-in points). Ideally, buildings and extensions should not be housed where they would remove an existing access point. If this is not feasible, we can accept the transfer of an access point outside of the proposed evolution. The inspector will also tell us where the sewers and sewers are, because sometimes we do not have details of the pipes on our mapping systems. We will use this information to update the legally prescribed channel map. Under no circumstances will we allow construction by a canal or side sewer, where: Find out why we need to know that you are considering a construction above or near a canal We have an agreement or a “protocol” with a number of LABCs and certified inspectors, which gives them the power to approve potential constructions on our behalf as long as they meet certain criteria.

For more information about construction via a public channel, contact us at wastewaterdeveloperservices@uuplc.co.uk. There are certain circumstances in which we must agree on a formal building over agreement. It is a legal document that is put in place to protect sewers/sewers and allows us to access the pipe in case of a problem. Before you apply to build above or near a sewer, you must create a Build over/ Near app via our InFlow online portal if you do not meet our standard criteria. Any inspector who has checked a website on our behalf (either by a local authority or an independent company) will inform us if inspections have taken place and will also inform us of the results, for example if construction is permitted. They will also tell us if they find that the affected sewers/sewers are in poor condition or if the soil conditions are unsatisfactory. In this case, we will visit one of our own inspectors on the site to see what needs to happen next. If the existing tube is discovered in a bad condition or the material is the fiber of bad luck, then you must reposition the length of the tube under the structure at your own expense for a construction to be considered. This minimizes the risk of structural plumbing failure after construction and the potential for inconvenience and service losses for you in the future. During the construction of any construction, you must ensure that there are no public sewers in the area of the planned work. If you live in an area where LABC does not use the protocol (Cumbria, High Peak and Tameside) or if your certified inspector has not signed up for our protocol, contact us directly via our “Build over enquiry form” (PDF 576 KB will be opened in a new window).